About Partnership for Market Readiness
Partnership for Market Readiness served as forum for global collective action to scale up climate change mitigation and funding innovation.
Climate changes action requires contributions from both developed and developing countries. Recent global commitment adopted from Paris Agreement to limit the earth’s temperature rise below 2 degrees requires funding innovation. This innovation should be encouraged since public funds are limited to meet necessary funding to support climate change mitigation efforts.
Partnership for Readiness Market is a global partnership to provide funding and technical supports for middle-income countries through capacity building or implementing pilot project of market-based instruments for climate change mitigation.
PMR provides platform to discuss and share technical knowledge in market-based instruments for climate change mitigation such as emission trading system and carbon offsets.
Partnerships for Market Readiness (PMR) aims to:
- Provide grant to build readiness components in order to support carbon pricing instrument implementation including market-based approach;
- Pilot for carbon-pricing instrument, such as domestic emission trading system (ETS), scale up crediting mechanism or carbon tax;
- Provide network platform to build discussion and collective innovation, particularly carbon pricing instrument as new market-based approach;
- Arrange and share knowledge in carbon pricing instrument, particularly market-based approach that can be applied in accordance with specific conditions in each country;
- Sharing and learning forum between international community including UNFCCC;